The BugsCEP software package consists of two main files:
- BugsCEP, software which contains the forms, queries and code that make up the
- Bugsdata, the database which contains almost all of the actual data.
The latter is a relational database built in MS Access 2000, with about
43 tables which contain the data enumerated below.
The setup program will also install a number of support files as needed,
including those necessary to run an Access database on a PC without the
full software installed (although this is becoming increasingly difficult on the latest Windows versions).
An online version is being integrated into the Strategic Environmental Archaeology Database (SEAD): www.sead.se, through which most of the fossil data can be accessed.
The vast majority of data has been input by Paul Buckland, including
the extensive recent database update (see below).
Current geographical scope (but all data are welcome)
Data (at time of writing - constantly increasing)
- UPDATED 14th June 2020
- 11276 Taxa (links to online images are being added)
- 6895 Synonyms
- 967 Records of species
- 2187 UK RDB rarity
- 12029 Species attribute
records (mainly size data)
Fossil record and other sample based
- 1330 Sites
- 1484 abundance datasets/countsheets
- 196899 Fossil record entries
(which make up the 1330 countsheets)
- 11320 Recorded dates of which:
1376 radiometric; 7731 period; 2213 calendar
Climate and Ecology
- 436 MCR thermal envelopes
- 37990 Ecology notes (from references)
- 41630 Distribution notes (from references)
- 9061 BugsEcoCode assignments
- 17236 Koch Ecology Code
- 9907 UK Monthly activity
- 429 Identification keys (by