|Please see http://www.bugscep.com/help for information on citing BugsCEP correctly.
Use the species/full bibliography
|All external data is referenced, including species
ecology and distribution, and sites, along with any statistical methods
used. All references are stored in the bibliography.
- To see the bibliography for the information currently displayed
for a particular species click the [Bibliography] button
towareds the bottom left of the main screen. The references shown
will be those given on the active data tab.
- To browse the entire bibliography you can either:
- click [Show Entire Bibliography] from a species bibliography,
- click the [Bibliography] button on the main toolbar at the top
of the screen
- Once in the bibliography you can [Search] for references, and
copy the selected reference to the clipboard.
- You can export the reference list by clicking [Export current
references] button. This leads to the Report Preview screen, from
which you can print, transfer to MS Word or Excel. Remember to
save the report in Word or Excel.
- The [Show Entire Bibliography]/[Show Specific Bibliography]
button allows you to toggle between showing all references or
just those for the selected information screen.
|Please note that an extensive bibliography of palaeoentomology
is available online and for download at http://www.bugs2000.org/qbib.html
(he menu for this site requires Adobe's
(previously Macromedia's) Flash Player, but you should be able
to download/browse QBib without it. You DO NOT need the Yahoo Toolbar
that it recommends - and we seriously recommend you do not install
it due to past experience.)
Find references for a site
|Sites may have any number of references.
Multiple references are given where sites have been reassessed or
revisited. Site references are most often the original source for
the abundance data, along with samples and dates.
- Activate the Site Manager from the main toolbar
- Select a site from the list.
- Note that you can move to the first site begining with a
particular letter by pressing that key when the list is selected.
You can also sort the list by Site Name, Region or Country
by clicking on the column headers.
- The information panel on the right will show the currently selected
site and the number of references stored for it - click the [Show
References] button to show the full references.
|You can also find the references for a particular
site from the Site Information screen.